So you’ve seen the before and afters for this so-called “Glycolic Facial Treatment” that you’ve never heard of before. The results look amazing and remind you of what you would do to have great healthy-looking skin. How do you get skin like those before and afters? More importantly, what is special about this treatment they used?
What is Glycolic Facial Treatment?
This treatment exfoliates the skin to help remove sun damage and discoloration while softening fine lines and wrinkles and clarifying dull skin. So you probably are a little relieved to know that all that damage you did for that perfect tan can be improved with this treatment.
After each treatment, you can expect firmer, tighter skin and an improvement in acne conditions.
What! Acne too!?
Yes! Some things are just genetic, but don’t let that stop you from getting proper treatment.
So, how does it work?
The best results are observed in people with sun-damaged, dry and prematurely aged skin. Clients using Retin A, Renova (or other prescription medications that cause peeling or exfoliation) must be off these products 7 days prior to the treatment and 7 days after the treatment with the permission of their physician.
The recommended treatment plan is three to six treatments—one every week with a maintenance treatment every month to six weeks. Three treatments is the magic number for this, a tighter, firmer skin will be seen after three treatments. Home care is recommended for the client’s/patient’s skin type, and the condition being treated.
Here’s what to expect from a Glycolic Treatment when given by a certified dermatologist.
- Cleanse the eye area with the Eye Makeup Remover Gel using cotton rounds that have been dampened with water.
- The first cleanse will be with the Facial Shampoo with Glycolic.
- The second cleanse will be with the Jojoba Exfoliating Cleanser.
- Put your gloves on. Apply the Purifying Astringent with 2 x 2 gauze, using firm pressure, over the entire treatment area. Let the skin dry completely (skin that is hydrated allows the glycolic to penetrate too rapidly and could result in uneven exfoliation).
- Using 30% Glycolic or Lactic Exfoliant saturate a 2 x 2 gauze (you do not want the exfoliant to drip). With firm pressure apply the exfoliant to the entire treatment area, feathering into the neckline. Time for 2-3 minutes. You may now take your gloves off.
- Apply the AHA Neutralizer with 4 x 4 gauze over the entire treatment area. Flush the area with tepid water several times.
- Cleanse the area with the Milk Cleanser or Mandarin Cleanser to ensure complete removal of the AHA Neutralizer.
- Extractions can be done at this time.
- High frequency can be used after extractions to disinfect the area.
- Apply about a teaspoon of the Pineapple Papaya mask.
- While the mask is setting, massage the neck, shoulders, arms and hands using the Massage Oil. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes and remove with a hot towel.
- Apply 3 to 4 drops each of the Vitamin C Serum and the Willowherb Soothing Serum.
- Apply the Youthful Reflection Complex. Apply the Eye and Throat Firming Crème to frown lines, lip lines, crow’s feet and the throat. Apply the Night O2 Renewal Crème for moisturizer.
- Finish your treatment with Coats Natural Sun Protection SPF 30 Tinted.
After receiving this treatment carefully listen to your dermatologist's homecare instructions, as it could really impact the results. Feel free to wear makeup after your treatment, but try to avoid it. Especially try to avoid foundation, blush, or other face products as your skin will need time to normalize. Avoid harsh scrubbing or home exfoliants for at least three days, this allows time for the skin to reepithelialize.
Most importantly, you MUST wear sunscreen daily. Your skin is more vulnerable than ever to the sun after receiving treatment, so don’t take this lightly!